All the praying, all the waiting, all the wishing...has finally paid off!










What a homecoming it was! Our longest deployment and time apart ever, and the hardest we have gone through (and hopefully ever will). Having Kevin home completes our family again. Without him we are not whole. The kids were so excited and it is obvious in some of the pictures that they just did not want to let him go. I just wanted to cry, I was so happy. And, of course, Kevin was relieved to be back on Hawaiian soil with his family, but mostly he was elated to see us.


He told me about the crazy things that happened while he was in Iraq and it breaks my heart that all of our troops, marines, soldiers, sailors over there have to go through all of this. It really puts things into perspective when you hear firsthand accounts of what our loved ones are experiencing over there. I can't imagine ever having to go through that. I cannot thank God enough for all our brave men and women fighting for our freedom everyday.


While I'm at it I just ask that you say a quick prayer for all of them...wherever they may be...that God encircle them with a hedge of protection, keep their minds sharp and focused, that He continue to fill their hearts with bravery and courage to get them through another dangerous situation, another day away from their loved ones, another moment with too little sleep. Pray that He keep their hearts, minds and bodies strong, and that He will continue to give peace to the families and friends that have lost someone fighting for our country. And not to mention all the other--fill in the blanks--you can think of to add.


So to all of you who haven't seen these pictures, I hope you enjoy seeing tidbits of our warming welcome to Kevin.
You can also check out the link to Gallery of Life Photography in the upper right corner to see three of the many pictures Elizabeth Boughton took of us through Operation Love Reunited. They all turned out so beautiful...I wish you could see them all but I would be doing a great disservice if I scanned them and put them on my site. So enjoy!

God Bless our Troops!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes our prayers were answered by keeping Kevin safe (and his family). The pictures are great. Wish we all could have been there for his homecoming. (Then of course we would have gone to a motel or somewhere else). We are all so thankful that he is home and the family complete again. I know the kids and you Lisa missed him terribly.
Love you more "ditto"
mom

Christine said...

LISA! Those are beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing them with us! I am so very thankful that Kevin is back home with you, safe and sound. Our prayers are remaining with our troops that are serving our country so faithfully.
A couple of my favs are...The one with Kevin and the kids where Cora is gazing up at him! Seriously... melt my heart... and the one on the photograpers site of the 5 of you walking, taken from behind. GASP! That was beautiful. You look AMAZING, and I could go on and on about how happy I am for you that he is home!