From the mouths of babes



So before I go and add the photos from the past couple of months to update everyone I have to start with today. I just can't pass this up! First of all I am proud to say that I have a very smart 1st grader. Noah can read and write so well. He had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher and I have to take credit too, as conceited as that may sound. I love reading and I love reading to and with the kids, so naturally that is one of the subjects he excels at the most. ANYWAY, Noah decided to use the "f" word today. Don't be pointing any fingers...all I have to say is we live on a military base. I had to laugh (to myself) because he used it in context "Noah what are you doing at the window" "mama, I'm trying to get this bleepin thing open" "go take five and don't use that potty language in this house!" Then I prepared the paper and told him what to do. I don't think he'll want to do that again. He learned his lesson and when he was done he came up to me and said "mama I'm so sorry for using inappropriate language" (he has an awesome vocabulary) "it's okay, Noah, we all make mistakes. What matters most is that we learn from them or make them into something better." "yeah, mama, cause I sure as hell don't want to write all those sentences again!" "Noah, it's inappropriate to use hell that way" "WHAT! You say that all the time." (it's true, I'm guilty on that one) "Well it's inappropriate for me to say it too and I'm sorry for being disrespectful. I won't use it anymore, Noah." "Good, because you wouldn't have any fun writing all those sentences" -I laugh- "go play, Noah" "okay mama." NO KIDDING! I wrote the conversation because that is literally what we said. It is so funny to write this and I can hardly belive I didn't crack up in the middle of all of this. But dash it you would be proud but I kept a straight face! (And all you mom's know how hard that can be).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, I loved that story. How true 'from the mouths of babes'. I sure enjoy your website and can't wait to see your next updates.
We miss you all so much and love you LOTS!
Kelley & Dad

Anonymous said...

Just couldn't stop Laughing. Just wait you still have 2 to go. Been there done that 3 times and it's just as funny each time trying to keep a straight face and explain why they can't say that. We grandparents are finally getting our payback for all the things you all did when you were that age. Just remember no laughing until they can't see you.
Love you more "ditto"
mom