Oh I know...it's about time!

Oh but it has been a while since I last updated. To all of you, who may possibly look forward to updates, I apologize! Things have been very routine lately and I find that I have little time to sit in front of this dashed pile of junk (the computer).

Things are going fairly well this deployment, if you don't count the fact that we all miss Kevin so much, considering. I think we are, unfortunately, so used to him being gone that we find it easy to slip into a hearty routine. The kids all have their moments, but they are dealing quite well with all that is being thrown at them. Noah has had a couple of emotional "breakdowns," this time, and just out of the blue starts crying for his daddy. It's so heartbreaking but I can get him to recover fairly quickly with wonderful words about his daddy and such. Cora is so funny about it. I know she misses him but not in the emotional way that Noah does. She'll ask "where's daddy?" and then answer her own question with "he's at the store." There are other similar questions with answers along the same lines, but then there are times when she goes one step further and (as if arguing with herself) says "no he's in da desert." It's so hilarious and she cracks me up everytime. Landon....now he's the one that you don't expect much out of other than the crankiness in the beginning from the feeling of change. But I do see something in him. He likes to talk to Kev on the phone, and he will sit at the desk and stare at his picture on the screen for several minutes at a time. Other times he will be sitting with me when I turn the monitor on and say "hi" or "hewo dada" or "ees dada." It's so stinkin cute.

The kiddos are growing too fast and I just want it to slow down. I don't want Kevin to miss anything and I don't want to miss things myself. I just can't keep up with all their little quirks and cute phrases. I mean come on already. But such is life with little rascals running around.

I hope you all enjoy the udate and the pictures, however few at a time, I upload and feel free to comment and gripe and moan about my laziness all you want. I won't take it to heart. And sorry this is such a long blah-bity-blah. Phew!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Love,

You are the most special to me. You are sooo amazing. By, the way thanks for making my eyes water with that last post. OK!, I bald like a baby, not really. OK!, a little. I wish they would stop growing too, it's all happening too fast. And I can't stand to miss it any more. You have done so great with them. You are the best MOM ever. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I can't wait to be home, in your arms, where I belong Forever X Infinity. I Love You and I miss you terribly. Kevin